- Understand your role and responsibilities. Ask for a job description or written list of your responsibilities.
- Know and understand your expectations. Be clear on what is expected of you within the first 30, 60, 90 days and so forth.
- Ask questions. It’s okay to ask questions to build your knowledge. Keep a small notebook with you to jot down answers to your questions so you can refer back to them when needed.
- Be on time for work and to meetings. If you are going to be late, call ahead as soon as you realize that you will not be on time.
- Minimize absences. If you are going to be absent, give as much advance notice as possible.
- Demonstrate initiative. Offer to help before having to be asked. If your manager or a peer is in need of help, offer assistance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate the behaviors consistent with the company
- Be an asset to your team.