- Information on your resume should be relevant to the position that you are applying to.
- Use proper grammar and make sure there are no spelling errors or typos.
- Previous accomplishments should be in past tense and current work and activities should be in present tense.
- Use terminology consistent in job postings; however, you should not copy the job posting.
- Information on your resume should be presented in reverse chronological order. Your most recent experiences should be listed first.
- Consider the company culture and behaviors when developing resumes and using infographics. Don’t overdo it.
- If your information does not fit on one page, include a second page. If you’re using a second page, utilize the full space – but with meaningful information.
- Have someone proof read your resume. Seek feedback from those that you trust.