Frequently Asked Questions
What if I didn’t earn my degree? Should I include some college or none?
- My rule of thumb is to only include degree information only if you are still in pursuit.
When should I eliminate High School accomplishments from my resume
- Eliminate high school accomplishments during your sophomore year or when you have more current accomplishments.
Should I include my address on my resume?
- Including your address is a personal preference. Make sure that your telephone number and email address is current.
How should I format my resume?
- Keep formatting simple and make sure that your resume is easy to follow. Use a standard font such as Arial or Times. It’s okay to be creative.
Should I use a resume template?
- Resume templates are okay to use, just make sure that your resume looks good and your fonts are easy to read. Sometimes it’s easier to create your own format if you have difficulty modifying the layout.
What makes a resume stand out?
- One that is easy to read and free of typos, spelling, and grammatical errors.
- One that clearly displays skills that match the position requirements.
- Verbiage that aligns with the description and job requirements.
- Projects and experiences that supports knowledge of position requirements